Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo
Size: 5.5 oz / 184 mL
What it is: The #1 dry shampoo brand*. A dry shampoo that actually cleans hair by absorbing oil, sweat, and odor while also adding body and texture.
*Source: Circana/U.S. Prestige Beauty Total Measured Market, Hair Sales, January–December 2022
Hair Type: Straight, Wavy, Curly, and Coily
Hair Texture: Fine, Medium, and Thick
- Color Safe
- Absorbs oil, sweat, and odor
- Actually cleans hair
- Delivers a fresh, time-release scent
- Fast-Absorbing Powders: Blend of starch and a microporous mineral blend absorbs excess sweat and oil.
- Powder Removal Active: Reduced particle adhesion to remove the powders and any visible residue.
- Odor Neutralizers: Create freshness.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, sulfates SLS & SLES, triclocarban, triclosan, and contains less than one percent synthetic fragrance. It is also vegan, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.
What Else You Need to Know: This bestselling dry shampoo is loved for good reason: the brilliantly engineered formula uses fast absorbing powders to soak up and remove dirt and oil, providing targeted delivery where you need it most. Hair is left looking, feeling, and smelling clean but with added texture and body.
Clinical Results: In a concept and use test of 200 people:
- 9 in 10 users agree PhD Dry Shampoo keeps hair clean between shampoos
- 8 in 10 users say PhD Dry Shampoo is better than other dry shampoos
- The same majority of non-users agree PhD Dry Shampoo is the next best thing to washing
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is a curation of brands committed to evolving the beauty industry. When you see our Clean seal, you can be sure this brand's products are formulated without certain ingredients that are potentially harmful to human health and the environment and also address ingredients clients are concerned about, including phthalates, formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers, oxybenzone and octinoxate, hydroquinone, triclosan, coal tar, methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone, insoluble plastic microbeads, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.