What it is: A retinol face oil that minimizes the look of lines, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and sun damage, locking in moisture and restoring a healthy glow.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Dullness and Uneven Texture, Acne and Blemishes, and Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- 0.5% Retinol: Improves the look and feel of uneven skin tone and texture while warding off UV and free radical damage.
- 95% Virgin Marula Oil: High in critical antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9 and helps moisturize, nourish, and rejuvenate skin for a youthful glow.
- Ceramides: Help to fill in the spaces between skin cells (giving them elasticity), strengthen the skin barrier, and maintain the moisture balance of skin.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.
What Else You Need to Know: Designed for both new and experienced retinol users, A-Gloei™ was created with all skin in mind. Retinol gets a bad rap for being sensitizing, but A- Gloei™ is formulated with soothing marula oil and ceramides to gently deliver retinol to skin, ensuring high efficacy without redness or irritation.
Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of their formulations. The brand focuses on healthy pH levels, formulations the skin recognizes, small molecular structure that’s easily absorbed, and effective active ingredients that also support the skin’s acid mantle. All of their products are designed to be mixed together—what Drunk Elephant calls making a smoothie. (This is true for all of their products except their sunscreen, Umbra, which sits on top of the skin, protecting it from UV damage.) The result is skin that is reset to its happiest, healthiest state.
Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and is cruelty-free.
Free of essential oils, silicones, fragrance, irritants, and PEGs.
Clinical Results: In a consumer-perception study with 35 people after 8 weeks:
- 97% agreed skin’s hydration and moisture was improved
- 85% agreed skin’s firmness and elasticity was improved
- 85% agreed A-Gloei restored bounce, resilience, and brighter clarity
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is a curation of brands committed to evolving the beauty industry. When you see our Clean seal, you can be sure this brand's products are formulated without certain ingredients that are potentially harmful to human health and the environment and also address ingredients clients are concerned about, including phthalates, formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers, oxybenzone and octinoxate, hydroquinone, triclosan, coal tar, methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone, insoluble plastic microbeads, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.